I am a University of Gloucestershire alumni, who studied Computer Games Programming from 2015 until 2019 - after which, I graduated with a first. Originally, I grew up in the nearby city of Bath.
Across 2017 and 2018, I worked as a member of the Digital team at Squint/Opera as a Developer on a year long placement. My time with the company provided me with the opportunity to grow, become more experienced, and expand my skills by working on a variety of projects. I worked alongside a great team who pushed me to grow, nurtured my abilities but challenged me always. At Squint/Opera most of my work was with the Unity3D engine, which we used in less traditional ways to create a range of different applications for clients. In addition to this I assisted in the creation of other systems outside of the engine - often using one or more of C#, Node.js, or Powershell.
At the end of my placement year, I went on to complete my final year of University and graduated with a first class degree!
After University I went on to join a great team at DBpixelhouse as a Software Developer. With the company I have been using more of the Unity3D engine and C#. I have recently worked on a variety of projects, utilising many technologies including VR, AR to create apps that have amazed clients and exceeded their expectations. Alongside this I have been improving my knowledge surrounding other technologies and introducing them within my team, allowing us to utilise them across the company and improve our workflow. Moreover, this has led to the production of more impressive products for our clients.
Outside of work, I still love to challenge myself. My passion for development as both a profession and a hobby is driven by the opportunities it provides to solve problems and understand how things work. In my spare time you can often find me at my computer working on a side project and developing my skillset or playing video games with friends. When I am not at my computer, you can find me exploring the outdoors by foot or from the inside of a kayak. I have also always enjoyed partaking in team sports, particularly rugby. However, if the weather is not permitting, I will be in the warm either playing guitar or sat with a gripping book – but always with a good coffee!
- .NET Core
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Agile Development
- Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD)
- Communication – I have excellent interpersonal skills, which is vital when working towards achieving an end goal.
- Teamwork – It’s important to form strong, supportive relationships with members of my team to ensure we deliver a high quality product. Furthermore, I thrive on learning from others and supporting my team with my own expertise.
- Problem solving – As an essential aspect of my job, I fully immerse myself in a new challenge, applying new skills and understanding to solve any problem that I am faced with.